[Slackbuilds-users] Recommended Change to postfix.SlackBuild

Nishant Limbachia nishant at mnspace.net
Thu Feb 9 02:16:43 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 05:11 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I recommend a change to postfix.SlackBuild to include cyrus SASL as
> well as dovecot SASL. The latter works only with smtpd while the
> former is required for smtp and needed by anyone who has to relay
> outgoing mail through an ISP's mail servers.
>
> After 15 years with a static IP address the telco providing the DSL
> line between here and our ISP changed us all to DHCP _and_ blocked
> outgoing port 25. This means that we need to relay outbound mail
> through our ISP. After a day-and-a-half of searching the Web and
> speaking with experienced network admins I figured out how to fix
> my mail service, incoming and outgoing.
I'll
> share that here to explain how to add cyrus to the build script,
> and what change I needed to make to main.cf.
>
> In the SlackBuild script I changed to
>
> # Build with dovecot sasl by default, cyrus/dovecot are supported
> SASL=${SASL:-cyrus}
>
> and
>
> make makefiles \ CCARGS="-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -DUSE_TLS $SASLARGS
> $DBARGS -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL" \ AUXLIBS="-lssl -lcrypto $SASLLIBS
> $DBLIBS"
>
> In /etc/postfix/main.cf I had to set smtpd_sasl_auth_enable to no
> and comment out all other references to smtpd_sasl, then ensure
> that smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes, and the other smtp_sasl-related
> options were properly set.
>
> Rich

> Archives -
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/ FAQ -
> http://slackbuilds.org/faq/

I use my own mail server and relay using my ISP provided email
account. AFAIK, you need both dovecot and cyrus.

Here's my own personal modification to postfix slackbuild.  I've
included another option "both" that will include both cyrus and dovecot
support.

I've used this mod to build last 3 or 4 versions of postfix and haven't
had any issue.

# Build with dovecot sasl by default, cyrus/dovecot are supported
SASL=${SASL:-dovecot}
case "$SASL" in
     dovecot) SASLARGS='-DDEF_SERVER_SASL_TYPE=\"dovecot\"'
              SASLLIBS="" ;;
       cyrus) SASLARGS='-DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -I/usr/include/sasl'
              SASLLIBS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}/sasl2 -lsasl2" ;;
        both) SASLARGS='-DDEF_SERVER_SASL_TYPE=\"dovecot\"
- -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -I/$
              SASLLIBS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}/sasl2 -lsasl2" ;;
           *) SASLARGS=''
              SASLLIBS="" ;;
esac

Hope that helps,

- --
Nishant Limbachia
nishant at mnspace.net
GPG Key: 0x0FF9D6D5
GPG Fingerprint: CC77 2954 DBDD CA46 49D5 BC90 786E 5DA2 0FF9 D6D5