[Slackbuilds-users] broadcom-sta fails to compile with -current kernel 3.2.2 + patch

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 23:04:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I know that -current is not supported by SBo but I thought as I had to
find the solution I might as well share.

There is one change in the kernel now in -current which stop
broadcom-sta from compiling.

You can find more info at
http://www.mindwerks.net/2011/11/wireless-bcm4312-3-2-kernel/

the latter link providing a patch to compile it  properly with 3.2.x.

However the patch would make the source not compile with previous
kernels, so I have modified it to be generic

I attach the patch here  if people need it or for the maintainer to
include it in the SBo script.

a simple
patch -p1 < $CMD/bc_wl_abiupdate.patch
added in the slackbuild script will do the tick.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Greg