[Slackbuilds-users] libffi conflicts with gcc-java

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:32:46 UTC 2012

dunno if this way I had started the armageddon but here I installed
libffi-3.0.10 with this addition to the slackbuild

# gcc-java in slackware already ships these headers.
# maybe it's better to replace them instead of adding a second copy.
# sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't found a cleaner way to extract gcc
# includes path :p
# fix also the pkgconfig file
HEADERS_PATH=$(gcc -v 2>&1 | head -1 | cut -d\  -f4 | sed 's|specs|include|')
sed -i "s|^includedir.*|includedir=${HEADERS_PATH}|" libffi.pc.in

CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
  --includedir=${HEADERS_PATH} \

installing the resulting package I'm using libffi.so.5 linked to libffi.so

but updating libffi in gcc and adding a pkgconfig file IMHO should be nice :)

Matteo