[Slackbuilds-users] Why are ORBit2 and GConf available on SBo?

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 21:17:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Doogster <thedoogster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure it does. That's why nothing *else* in /extra is in SBo.
>
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Ozan Türkyılmaz
> <ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/2/25 Doogster <thedoogster at gmail.com>:
>>> Why are ORBit2 and GConf available on SBo? They're included with
>>> Slackware, in the /extra/google-chrome directory.
>>
>> Being in extra does not make it being in stock Slackware.
>>

>> --
>> Ozan, BSc, BEng

Some explanations:

1) A package in "extra" is not considered part of a "full instalation"
- it is an optional package.
2) GConf and ORBit2 are in extra because of chrome - and that's why
they live in that subdirectory
3) We keep them in SlackBuilds.org because some packages might need
newer versions (and we actually have a newer version of GConf on SBo)

Hope this clears it up a bit :)

--
Niels Horn