[Slackbuilds-users] libwww-perl README's typo and discussion about dependency list

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Tue Jan 3 11:11:43 UTC 2012

Hi all (and happy new year :)),

a kind SBo user has correctly pointed out there is a typo in
libwww-perl's README: it currently requires "perl-http-messages", but
the right one is "perl-http-message" (without the final 's').

Another point is: which kind of dependencies should be included in
README file. As far as I understand we need to indicate just
direct/first level dependency packages, and not every dependency of a
dependency submitted on SBo. The problem is more evident for perl
modules who need a bunch of other perl modules as dependencies,
particularly after recent unbundling on cpan.org, as we don't have a
sort of automatic system to trace the dep chain out.
From a user's point of view I can easily understand how better would be
for him/her to have a complete dependency list (e.g. if package A
depends on B, C and D; B depends on E and F; C depends on H and G, D
depends on G, J and K; a complete list for A would be: "A requires E,
F, B, H, G, C, J, K and D")

The problem I see here concerns potential modification in 'son'
package's dependency list who would necessarily need a modification in
every 'father' packages' dependency list, too.

Have we a particular policy on it?
Opinions on topic are really welcome :)

TIA. Regards.

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware64 current/multilib
LU #210970 SU #12583 LM #98222/#412913