[Slackbuilds-users] R failes to download

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:46:54 UTC 2012

Well it  seems to simply be a case were the mirror used in the info
file (cran.opensourceresources.org)  is no longer hosting the files.
not even the latest version (all file access get a 403 error with an
additional 404 on the error page) which probably means that some
rather destructive thing has happened somewhere.

In the meantime, all the other mirrors I have tried still carry the
files, source included. so the info file should probably be changed to
(for example):
 http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/cran/src/base/R-2/R-2.14.0.tar.gz

Hope this helps

Greg