[Slackbuilds-users] requirements in README files

J j at dawnrazor.net
Wed Jul 11 07:30:39 UTC 2012

Another thing which has been mentioned a few times, and which I have
considered off and on myself, is a fork of the repo. There are several
reasons I have not pursued this idea; it constitutes an amount of work
which would keep me busy doing that for an unrealistic amount of time,
or it requires a parser able to grok our random requirement listings,
and I'm back to square one.  I don't like the inelegant, brute-force
nature of it, either. All that said, I do think it would be
realistically possible, feasible, and perhaps even a bit sane, with
more than one person working on it. And once the main body of work is
completed, then it's on to 14.0, and once that is completely,
significantly less work would be required moving forward. until
$VERSION++, but that can be dealt with when it's reached.

So, all that said. There are a number of replies from people who would
like to see this happen. If there is anyone who would be interested in
forking the repo, then building a system to achieve this, please send
an email to me personally. In the end, all the work involved might be
easier.