[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackbuilds-user] nvidia update

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 01:52:30 UTC 2012

Just an FYI to the list: I've submitted new proprietary nvidia scripts
for the 302.17 Short Lived Branch as there were tons of useful updates
and improvements.  There are a few caveats:

1.  nvidia-switch is for install and and removal only.  I will no longer
support switching nvidia and F/OSS on-the-fly.  Pick one and stick with it.
2.  No support for any hybrid systems.  It's not as simple as just
swapping xorg.conf since nvidia stomps on several files.  I will revisit
this issue when I have more time.  There are a couple of ways to support
this seamlessly and I have to check some kernel parameters.
3.  Although the nvidia-driver script can add the 32-bit files for
Slackware64 multilib systems, multilib is still not supported.  If you
use the COMPAT32 option, make sure you keep any eye on "/usr/lib" when
you remove the nvidia drivers and go back to F/OSS 32-bit compatibility
packages.

-Ed