[Slackbuilds-users] Plans for jdk, jre

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:46:17 UTC 2012

On 7/19/12, Christoph Willing <c.willing at uq.edu.au> wrote:
> Since jre & jdk packages have been removed from -current, is anyone
> already planning relevant 14.0 SlackBuilds for SBo?

As I understand it, the jdk and jre slackbuilds from slackware itself
can still legally be used to make packages (although the packages can't
be distributed). Maybe the existing slackbuilds could be on the install
DVD in /extra, like flashplayer-plugin was in 13.37... I'd wait & see
if this happens, before adding jre/jdk packages to SBo. (Of course, I'm
just some random guy with an opinion, don't think I speak authoritatively
or anything)