[Slackbuilds-users] Updated Xerces-c and Xalan-c Slackbuilds

Slacker build user slacker at slaphappygeeks.com
Mon May 7 08:49:50 UTC 2012

Thanks for the replies Audrius and Heinz.

Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> Sorry about that. As it turns out your email somehow ended up in my SPAM
> folder, which is why I missed it :/

No problem, I did not want to nag so did not persist!

> There is no need to add new SlackBuilds for different versions really. It's
> perfectly fine to update one to a svn snapshot, provided the maintainer sees it
> as stable enough. Of course then you'd need to host a snapshot of it
> somewhere, just as Audrius mentioned.

I have a few web hosts of my own where I could do that. Is there any 'preferred'
  host for such things?

> If you use them and would like to take over maintainership of them, feel free
> to do so. You're already much better fit to maintain them than I am :)

It was not really my intent to take over their maintenance - but I wouldn't mind
either as I do use them both.

I have a few other neglected SBo packages that I have not updated due to not
having a 13.37 machine available until recently - so I'll schedule an SBo day in
the near future.

Leave yours there for now and I'll note your permission when I submit them,
hopefully in the not distant future!

Thanks!

Robert Allen