[Slackbuilds-users] sbo_tools: A set of tools to deal with The SlackBuilds.org project

Eric Schultz eric at schultzter.ca
Thu May 17 15:21:48 UTC 2012

It's a double-edged sword, but SlackBuilds.org has become the de-facto
"app-store" for Slackware so very often if it isn't available on SBo people
won't look any further.

sbopkg is a great tool, but until I stumbled on it I was doing everything
by hand, and starting to write my own sbo_tools-like scripts.

At a minimum there should be an entry in the FAQ with a link to known tools
& scripts for maintaining SBo sourced SlackBuilds: Here's a draft:

How can I automate some of the work required to use SlackBuilds for
SlackBuilds.org?

A number of popular tools exist, including the following:
sbopkg : http://www.sbopkg.org/
sbo_tools : https://github.com/nihilismus/sbo_tools

These are not developed or endorsed by the SlackBuilds.org team.

How does that sound?

Even better and so that SBo can avoid any semblance of favouritism how
about a category for SBo specific tools? Where could find things like
sbopkg, sbo_tools, slackroll, etc.

<http://blog.schultzter.ca/p/about-me.html>