[Slackbuilds-users] VirtualBox Question

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:00:17 UTC 2012

On 05/24/2012 11:07 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2012, King Beowulf wrote:
>
>> Just set up for multilib (see
>> http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:multilib )
>
> Ed,
>
>   Did that when I installed the distribution on the new laptop.
>
>> I'm running Virtualbox just peachy in Slackware64 13.37 multilib.
>
>   Good to know. All I need it for is to load topo maps into my Garmin GPS
> receiver. What I am told is that I need Oracle extensions to access
> the USB
> ports via the guest win7-home/64 in virtualbox.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Rich,
   Yep, after you install VB, you can download the extension pack for
that version.  In the GUI, got to FILE - Preferences, then click
"extensions"  Click the "add package" icon and pick the extension
package.  VB no longer comes in 2 flavors, all the proprietary "free for
non-commercial individual use" stuff is via the extension pack.

Fired up Win7 64bit via VB the other weekend and ran my Garmin nuvi 200,
joystick and HP USB printer just fine.  Forgot to email you. Sorry.

Ed