[Slackbuilds-users] official logo (contest?)

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:21:44 UTC 2012

On 05/26/2012 12:33 PM, Erik Hanson wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:00:54 -0500
> Erik Hanson<erik at slackbuilds.org>  wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:35:14 +0200
>> markus reichelt<ml at mareichelt.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Aloha,
>>>
>>> I wondered if there is an 'official' SlackBuilds.Org Project logo. On
>>> IRC in #slackbuilds alienBOB hinted at the obvious
>>> http://slackbuilds.org/images/header.gif
>> There is not anything, beyond the main website, and I sometimes try (and fail)
>> at gimp to create a logo. My shamefull failures can be seen on our cgit and
>> facebook pages. As embarrassed as I am about those, I've never seen anyone else
>> step up to the plate. Not that we've asked, but it might not be a bad idea.
> The website logo isn't changing, never meant to imply that.
>
> The cgit logo is 96x64, facebook I don't even know.

Well, technically, if we were to quibble, the website "logo" is more or
a page header/title/banner and does not lend itself to people using it
as a logo or badge to link to the website.  Heck, we all just fooling
around anyway.  It would be nice to brand the website with a logo, along
the lines of the cgit logo, to make slackbuilds more visible and
recognizable among the various slackware fan sites.