[Slackbuilds-users] sport, yet another SBo front-end

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Fri Nov 2 13:12:03 UTC 2012

Hi everyone. I wrote a simple shell script that I call "sport" (Slack PORTs)
which seeks to emulate the process and feel of BSD Ports (minus BSD Port's
annoying habit of auto depency resolution, thankyouverymuch).

So basically, it's a script that lets you crawl through your "port" tree (or
SBo tree, in this case), research what a SlackBuild requires for installation,
and then build and install.

There's a pretty good walkthrough here: http://slackermedia.info/sport

It is not so great at bulk installs the way sbopkg is, but I find it
convenient in some use cases. I've been using it for about two weeks now, as I
re-build my 13.37 systems to 14, and it's been fun.

If you want to try it out for yourself, please feel free to clone:
http://gitorious.org/slackport

Bug fixes or cool BASH tips are always welcome.

- klaatu