[Slackbuilds-users] download/tar discrepancies in several SBos

J j at dawnrazor.net
Thu Nov 8 10:31:47 UTC 2012

while running an audit of DOWNLOAD bits in .info files compared to tar
lines in .SlackBuilds, I found several cases where there are
discrepancies between the file that is downloaded and the file that
the SlackBuild tries to decompress. this kills the SlackBuild:

/usr/sbo/development/jsctags/jsctags.info:
DOWNLOAD=https://github.com/mozilla/doctorjs/tarball/69588ab

/usr/sbo/development/jsctags/jsctags.SlackBuild:
SRCNAM=mozilla-doctorjs
SRCNAMSUF=69588ab
$SRCNAM-$SRCNAMSUF.tar.gz

/usr/sbo/libraries/liblrdf/liblrdf.info:
DOWNLOAD=https://github.com/swh/LRDF/tarball/0.5.0

/usr/sbo/libraries/liblrdf/liblrdf.SlackBuild:
VERSION=0.5.0
swh-LRDF-$VERSION-0-g7ebc032.tar.gz

/usr/sbo/development/casperjs/casperjs.info:
DOWNLOAD=https://github.com/n1k0/casperjs/tarball/1.0.0-RC1

/usr/sbo/development/casperjs/casperjs.SlackBuild:
PRGNAM=casperjs
n1k0-$PRGNAM-1.0.0-RC1-0-g5428865.tar.gz

/usr/sbo/network/offlineimap/offlineimap.info:
DOWNLOAD=https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap/tarball/v6.4.0

/usr/sbo/network/offlineimap/offlineimap.SlackBuild:
SRCNAM=nicolas33-offlineimap-v6.4.0-0-gc1120c9
$SRCNAM.tar.gz

/usr/sbo/graphics/fbpic/fbpic.info:
DOWNLOAD=http://keithhedger.hostingsiteforfree.com/zips/fbpic.tgz

/usr/sbo/graphics/fbpic/fbpic.SlackBuild:
PRGNAM=fbpic
VERSION=0.0.2
$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tgz

attached is the perl script I used to generate this list. it's messe,
its parser is incomplete and so it likely fails to find some
discrepancies, it outputs excess info, and it has at least one obvious
bug. but it is able to find the above issues.

Thanks,