[Slackbuilds-users] Anyone have a minute or two to give me a push in the right direction?

insomniactoo at localnet.com insomniactoo at localnet.com
Wed Nov 14 03:54:29 UTC 2012

Hi gang,

I asked this on the LQ website, but nobody had any answers. Hopefully someone
here will have a spare moment to help me figure out what I can do to fix this
hiccup.

 I'm trying to make a slackbuild for an app that has a requirement. The
requirement is fltk 1.3.

I have fltk 1.3 installed, but because it's named 'fltk13-config',
the ./configure of the app source craps out because it's looking for
'fltk-config'.

In the slackbuild of the app, I simply don't know how or where to change it so
it will look for and use the 'fltk13-config' instead of 'fltk-config'.

Should it be somewhere in this section of the slackbuild?:

CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
./configure \
--enable-ssl \
--prefix=/usr \
--libdir=/usr/lib/${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var \
--mandir=/usr/man \
--docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION \
--build=$ARCH-slackware-linux

I'm not a programmer or anything like that but I can usually figure out enough
to make a slackbuild work if I look at different other slackbuilds, but this
one has me stumped. I'd like to build this slackbuild so that I can ask the
maintainer of the app that requires this if I can take over maintenance, since
the app that's on slackbuilds.org is pretty old.

To clarify a little more...there is no fltk-config, but that is what the
app's ./configure is looking for, yet the app itself *requires* fltk 1.3 (the
config is looking for version(s) *lower* that 1.3), that's why I'm trying to
figure out how to have the slackbuild use the fltk13-config that is installed
from the fltk 1.3.

Surely there's a way to tell the app's ./configure to use the fltk13-config
instead of looking for fltk-config. I just don't know how to write that into
the slackbuild.

The app, by the way, is Dillo.

--
FTG FTI FTP