[Slackbuilds-users] UrbanTerror SlackBuild

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 00:44:56 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/06/2012 04:26 PM, Markus Reichelt wrote:
>
>> * Matthew Fillpot <mfilpot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Due to new changes in the version control of urbanterror and the
>>> fact that I do not use it anymore I want to drop maintenance of the
>>> slackbuild script.  If someone wants to take over then it is yours,
>>> just be aware that the structure and download methods have changes
>>> considerably.
>>>
>> Thanks for your work so far. I'm a late arrival - will it (or some
>> older version), work on 14.0? :-)

>>  yes... At least urbanterror-4.1.1 does (or did in one of the earlier
> RCs).  Not sure yet about 4.2.I was thinking of taking it over but most
> servers I play on are still using 4.1.1 and that autoupdate feature sounds
> more like a pain in the ass than anything else.  Then there is the weird
> authentication system.....  On top of that, their HD version is more
> vaporware than Alpha.... On top of that, there is no source code.
>
> Looks like the easiest way to deal with 4.2 is to just unpack it into
> $HOME and run from there.  I don't see how all this autoupdate stuff will
> work for server admins.  It works so well for Minecraft *sarcasm*  Frozen
> Sand doesn't even link to 4.1.1 downloads anymore.
>
> So I vote that we drop it from Sbo.
>
> Given how Frozen Sand is being a bunch of asshats, I might start looking
> elsewhere as well to spend my very limited entertainment time budget.
>
> Ed

I agree, it would be best to drop it and if someone wants to bring it back
later they can build a new slackbuild script.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot

-Slackware Documentation Project - Staff Editor
- http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:mfillpot

-Linux.com - Moderator
- https://www.linux.com/forums/person/198