[Slackbuilds-users] abcde slackbuild a little dated?

Glenn Becker burningc at SDF.ORG
Sun Oct 28 15:10:35 UTC 2012

> I could not work out who was maintaining the abcde slackbuild (marked
> as 'nobody' on the site) but the version on the site is positively
> ancient and is sourced from a debian repository rather than abcde's
> newer home:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/abcde/downloads/list
>
> where newer versions have breathed new life into this great encoder.
> Is anybody looking after abcde at the moment? My apologies if a new
> maintainer is simply waiting for uploads to reopen on SBo:)

Hi -

That'd be me. :^) I have newer versions of abcde and cd-discid ready.

I had sent them to a Slackbuilds admin who pinged me about them, and I
thought the maintainer info would be updated, but it hasn't been. I
may have misunderstood what he was going to do with them - I will
email him today.

Thanks for pointing this out.

/G

Glenn Becker - burningc at sdf.org