[Slackbuilds-users] thanks for the fixes

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Sep 9 22:43:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 05:13:35 +0700
Binh Nguyen <binhnguyen at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012, at 02:35 AM, Petar Petrov wrote:
> > Dear Admins,
> >
> > I noticed you did fixes to some of my SlackBuild-s (EMBOSS and
> > EMBASSY download links, supertux2 and probably other people's) and
> > this is really great! However, could you please make it clear how
> > we, the contributors, could help you? I have ready fixes for almost
> > all of my SlackBuild-s that fail to build on Slackware 14.0. This
> > way you won't have to go through all the hassle.
> >

> I my case, I pulled the git repo from SlackBuilds.org, created a
> branch based on the *latest* master, on which all the fixes / updates
> were made. Then I pushed all to github and sent the repo link to
> Robby for him to merge.

You can do that too, Petar, if you'd like.  We'll be mailing the
list *really* soon now with details, but feel free to go ahead
and get started before that.  The same applies for any of you
with git experience.  The only issue that comes to mind right now
is this: try to put "normal" version bumps in a different branch
than build fixes and such needed for 14.0.

-RW