[Slackbuilds-users] vmj updates

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Sep 10 13:56:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:11:24 +0300
Mikko Varri <vmj at linuxbox.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 06:53:42PM -0400, xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org
> wrote:
> >
> > NOTE:
> > If you sent an earlier mail to this list, and the fixes haven't
> > happened already, it was probably overlooked, so here's your
> > opportunity to get that handled.
> >

> I think this is what happened to my report[1].  I won't repeat
> everything from that report, but patches are updated (see below).
>
> [1]
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2012-August/009083.html
>
> Two of the nine patches mentioned there do not apply cleanly anymore.
> But instead of recreating the patches, I updated the branches at my
> github repo[2].
>
> [2] git://github.com/vmj/slackbuilds.git
>
> You can review the changes[3][4][5][6] before merging them:
>
> [3] https://github.com/vmj/slackbuilds/compare/master...etk.docking
>
> [4] https://github.com/vmj/slackbuilds/compare/master...gaphor
>
> [5] https://github.com/vmj/slackbuilds/compare/master...bashrun
>
> [6] https://github.com/vmj/slackbuilds/compare/master...qtwitter
>

> As you can see, each SlackBuild has its own branch, each branch has
> one or more changes related to that SlackBuild.  You can merge those
> using the normal git remote thing:
>
>   git clone git://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds.git
>   cd slackbuilds
>   git checkout master
>   git remote add -f -t bashrun -t qtwitter -t gaphor -t etk.docking
> vmj git://github.com/vmj/slackbuilds.git git merge vmj/bashrun
> vmj/etk.docking vmj/gaphor vmj/qtwitter
>
> Note also the "removals" and "ok" sections in the original report.

I have all of these (with some tweaks to commit messages and/or
.info/README files) in my branch, and other than the gtksourceview
note, I handled the stuff mentioned in the archive link - thanks!

Keep an eye on gtksourceview, and if that doesn't get fixed before
we go live, send me a reminder about it.

-RW