[Slackbuilds-users] patches

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Sep 12 04:43:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:56:17 +0300
Petar Petrov <ppetrov at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:

> i tried to make a few patches.
>
> This is the first time i ever use git. Please tell me if the patches
> are OK and I will check what else needs an update. However, I will
> _highly_ appreciate if I can just send you tarballs, like in the
> submission system. I feel very uncomfortable of using something i am
> not familiar with.

First, the only problem with your patches is really not a problem
with the patches - it's a problem with the commit messages on
them.  Everything else is fine.  Basically, your commit messages
need to be like we do in the git repo, e.g.:

  academic/chemtool: Updated for version whatever.
    or
  academic/chemtool: Build fixes for deprecated libsomething.

As I told you on IRC, you'll likely find http://progit.org handy,
but for now, if tarballs are easier, you can send them directly
to me - do *not* send them to the list.  Note: for the other
maintainers, don't send me tarballs without first contacting me
and making sure it's okay.

Second, with all of that out of the way, I have a question about
gchemutils: does it really require seamonkey to build the mozilla
plugin now, or will it build with the mozilla-nss related stuff
that is now part of Slackware?

The other three patches have been applied.

-RW