[Slackbuilds-users] Checklist.txt lives?

Eric Schultz eric at schultzter.ca
Mon Sep 17 14:08:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:15:08 -0500
RW wrote

I just pushed a patch in my branch to fix build on 32bit if
> ARCH is already set but GARCH is not...

Ah yes, I see.

I think the real issue is I started with the variable GOARCH and then used
GARCH everywhere else - including the the lines right after!

Since this SlackBuild just re-packs a binary I figured letting people set
ARCH and GARCH outside the script would permit "cross-building" the
package. Admittedly it would be perfectly happy with ARCH == x86_64 and
GARCH == 386 but that's something I can work on.

This is the bit I used:
if [ -z "$ARCH" -a -z "$GARCH" ]; then
case "$( uname -m )" in
i?86) ARCH="i486" ; GARCH="386" ;;
x86_64) ARCH="x86_64"; GARCH="amd64" ;;
*) echo "Package for $(uname -m) architecture is not available." ; exit 1;;
esac
fi Here's the entire
--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

  Eric Schultz <http://schultzter.ca> (aka
schultzter<http://twitter.com/schultzter>
)

  Read more at 2FatDads <http://2fatdads.com/author/schultzter/>