[Slackbuilds-users] My stuff in Checklist.txt

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 06:26:11 UTC 2012

On 9/21/12, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>> audio/sooperlooper - This built fine for me. The only issue was
>

> Here's what's in the error log:
> looper.cpp:39:44: fatal error: rubberband/RubberBandStretcher.h: No such
> file or directory

That looks like a missing dep. rubberband is listed in REQUIRES, are
you sure it was installed on the build host?

>> audio/wineasio - This builds fine for me once I add the asio.h from
>> the proprietary ASIO SDK (see the README).
>
> Well, if someone finds it and sends a patch to add that link to the
> .info file, someone else might apply it.  :-)

Breaks the proprietary license. Although I dunno how interested Steinberg
really is in going after violators, since someone already did it and it's
been sitting there for 5 years. Just because someone else stole some candy
and got away with it, doesn't make it OK for me to steal candy too...

Or am I over-thinking this? Whoever put that header in public version
control is in violation... but maybe if we're only linking to it, we
don't get attacked by a pack of hungry lawyers when/if the violator
gets attacked?