[Slackbuilds-users] VCS snapshots?

Binh Nguyen binhvng at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:17:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Bojan Popovic <bocke at mycity.rs> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I was wondering what is accepted practice for writing SlackBuilds for
> VCS (cvs, svn, git) snapshot versions of software.
>
> I'm eyeing one game that is available only via SVN, and was wondering
> how and were to mirror the snapshot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bojan.
>
> P.S. Nothing urgent. I'll have to test stabillity and maintainabillity
> first. But it would be useful to know the current practice for other
> similar packages in future.

The best would be you get an SBo admin put the source on slackbuilds.org
for you; but don't bet on that.

I personally created a project on sourceforge.net to host the source for
one of my SlackBuilds (wbar). You could do the same, or use similar
services such as googlecode, or even dropbox. Actually, any reliable
service providing direct download links would suffice.

If you don't want to host yourself, create a tarball with proper name,
send it to me and I will put it for you here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbosrc/files/