[Slackbuilds-users] Is there a way...

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 04:29:15 UTC 2013

On 4/14/13, JB <yochanon at lavabit.com> wrote:
>   This is a PITA for dial-up users. I looked at the Slackbuild for
> HandBrake, but
>   didn't see anything in it that's making it do the downloading, and
> unfortunately
>   am not a programmer so can't figure out where else this set of
> instructions is
>   other than the HandBrake tarball itself somewhere.

Yep, handbrake itself is doing that, as part of its build process.

>   Does anyone know what I can possibly do to install HandBrake on my bud's
> system
>   without having to go through the whole download and install thing?

Build handbrake on your own system, burn the .tgz package on CD, install
that on his system with installpkg.

You'll need to build it on the same slackware version (13.37 or whatever
he's got) and the same architecture (i486 or x86_64). Use a qemu or
virtualbox virtual machine, if you have a different Slack version (or
a different OS entirely) on your system.