[Slackbuilds-users] qemu and qemu-kvm descriptions could really do with a bit of clarification

thorsten.johannvorderbrueggen at t-online.de thorsten.johannvorderbrueggen at t-online.de
Mon Apr 15 17:49:54 UTC 2013

Hello Sebastian,

started with Qemu 1.3 there're share again the same code base ... so you don't need qemu-kvm ... KQemu is quite old .. if you use FreeBSD, then KQemu is your friend ... in any other case, you can ignore it :-) ... and yep .. for x86 compatible proz there're the intel and the amd virt ext available ... both are supported by the kernel own kvm ...

PS: ftp://ftp.arm.slackware.com/slackwarearm/slackwarearm-14.0/INSTALL_QEMU.TXT

Cheers
  Thorsten