[Slackbuilds-users] The latest jdk on slackbuilds.org (JB)

Thomas Ronayne ronayne.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:47:30 UTC 2013

The Java Plug-in should not be activated unless you absolutely,
positively, must have it for some particular use. See National Cyber
Awareness System TA13-064A: Oracle Java Contains Multiple
Vulnerabilities
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/us-cert-alert-ta13-064a-oracle-java-contains-multiple-vulnerabilities-4175453097/#post4906620>.

In Firefox or SeaMonkey, you can enable/disable the Java Plug-in at
Tools, Add-ons, Plugins then click the Enable/Disable button.

There really isn't any good reason for having the plug-in enabled unless
you're using a know, trusted site that requires it; otherwise, disable
it and leave it that way.

Hope this helps some.

A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.