[Slackbuilds-users] The latest jdk on slackbuilds.org (JB)

JB yochanon at lavabit.com
Tue Apr 16 13:14:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:47:30 -0400
Thomas Ronayne <ronayne.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Java Plug-in should not be activated unless you absolutely,
> positively, must have it for some particular use. See National Cyber
> Awareness System TA13-064A: Oracle Java Contains Multiple
> Vulnerabilities
> <http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/us-cert-alert-ta13-064a-oracle-java-contains-multiple-vulnerabilities-4175453097/#post4906620>.

  Up through update 15. The latest is update 17

> In Firefox or SeaMonkey, you can enable/disable the Java Plug-in at
> Tools, Add-ons, Plugins then click the Enable/Disable button.

  Since the new build says that it isn't enabled automatically anymore in mozilla,
  it isn't even there in the plugins to enable or disable.

  I want to know how to make it be there at all, like it used to be, so I *can*
  enable or disable it as I wish/need.

  I downloaded the jdk from slackbuilds.org (jdk7u17) and built it and did an
  'upgradepkg'. Now I don't see 'java' anything in the tools/add-ons tabs anywhere.

--
"The Constitution was handed down to guide us by a bunch of wise old dead white guys
who invented our country! Now some flinch when I say that. Why! It's true-they were