[Slackbuilds-users] questions if the SlackBuilds team helped me with the Moria SlackBuild, and on the license in the template, etc.

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Wed Aug 7 17:42:16 UTC 2013

I'm no lawyer, but as far as I know, nothing in the US copyright code prevents
you from assigning copyright to yourself AND someone else.

Adding a BSD/MIT style license is indeed recommended. I have found an even
shorter license with the Gnu All-Permissive license; it seems to be exactly
the same as a BSD style license but in only 4 or 5 lines of text.

I believe you should be able to do add such a permissive license regardless of
the slackbuild's origin; if a previous maintainer did not specify a license,
then that iinherently does not prevent you from licensing it in any way you
please.

Again, not a lawyer, not giving legal advice.

-klaatu