[Slackbuilds-users] evolus-pencil.Slackbuild results in corrupted system

Slacker build user slacker at slaphappygeeks.com
Sun Feb 24 07:40:43 UTC 2013

Robby Workman wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:04:29 -0700
> I don't think evolus did that - I just built it here, and
> there's no problem at all.
>
> -RW

This has been resolved, and posted to the thread (I think!).

I found the problem is caused by the script not enforcing directory permissions
through rmp2cpio... to fix modify this line:

chmod -R u+w,go+r-w,a-s .
chmod -R u+w,go+r-w,a+X-s .

It seemed to be dependent on cpio version and apparently there is a history of
it not preserving directory perms (but not in my own experience until now).

FYI - I provided a possible new build script to the maintainer Binh Nguyen which
extracts from tar.gz instead of RPM and is updated to version 2.x and does not
have this problem.

Thanks

Robert