[Slackbuilds-users] pyquery broken after lxml update

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Feb 24 08:06:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 15:54:24 -0800
Larry Hajali <larryhaja at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Between lxml version 2.x and 3.x, lxml broke out the cssselect module
> into its own separate package.  The version on SBo is definitely
> outdated and incompatible (w/out patching) with the new lxml.
> Looking at the setup.py file on the github page (ie.
> https://github.com/gawel/pyquery), the new version looks to be
> compatible with the new lxml with cssselect and distribute as new
> dependencies.
>
> All that needs to be done is download the latest version of pyquery (
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pyquery/pyquery-1.2.4.tar.gz),
> install the new dependencies and change the version number in the
> slackbuild to 1.2.4.  I'm providing a patch with the changes I made
> to get things working.  Now using 'import pyquery' at the python
> command prompt works.
>
> On a side note, there isn't a dependency listed for pysetuptools or
> distribute for version 0.6.1 of pyquery.  It is optional for lxml and
> not listed for BeautifulSoup.

Since the maintainer hasn't moved on this since then, and since
you seem to have already done all of this, would you mind
submitting what you've got, or at least attach some patches I
can apply to what's currently in the repo?  Perhaps I should just
go to bed now, but I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head
around exactly what I need to do to fix all of this... :/

-RW