[Slackbuilds-users] 14.0 muse doinst setcap failing.

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:53:44 UTC 2013

On 2/26/13, openpandora at free.fr <openpandora at free.fr> wrote:
>> Also, on ARM device, the setcap fails with a "operation not supported",
> Oh, i've just realized maybe it's because i'm on ext2 ?

ext2 should support filesystem capabilities, the same as ext3 and ext4 do.

Maybe your ARM kernel doesn't have filesystem capabilities built in?

The muse has at least one unfriendly thing it does, not related to
capabilities. In the doinst.sh:

if grep GROUP\=\"audio\" /lib/udev/rules.d/65-permissions.rules >
/dev/null; then
  echo > /dev/null
else
  sed '/^KERNEL=="rtc\|rtc0"/s!$! , GROUP="audio"!' -i
/lib/udev/rules.d/65-permissions.rules
fi

As I understand it, packages aren't supposed to modify the contents
of /lib/udev. Instead, the modified rules should get installed
to /etc/udev/rules.d. Not to mention, modifying the contents of a
standard rules file is something that can't be undone when the package is
removed... and if the udev package gets updated after muse is installed,
muse will break (because the modified 65-permissions.rules will get
overwritten with one from the new udev).