[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-driver.info missing 64bit file info

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue Jul 16 05:52:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:31:58 +0100
"Greg' Ar Tourter" <artourter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Robby,
>
> Well looking through the repository, the nvidia-driver  (and
> avr8-gnu-toolchain, but that's only for the pdf manual) packages are
> the only ones with files in common. So asking to download both
> version seems rather a waste of bandwitdh

Okay, fair point.

> Moreover, for some packages (ucsc-blat, p4, p4v ), the source file
> name is the same for 32 and 64 bit version but are downloaded from
> different locations and have different checksum. in these case, wget
> with append .1 to the second one and therefore making the slackbuild
> use the 32bit version instead.

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that.

Given all of this and erik's reply, I think it's probably a good
change to make.

Don't feel obligated to do this, as I don't mind doing it myself,
but since I'm a bit tied up on another project right now, patches
for all of the affected stuff would make this easier :)  Also,
since you pointed it out, you should be credited with the fixes
anyway.

Seriously, though, if you don't want to do it or don't have time,
that's fine.

-RW