[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-driver.info missing 64bit file info

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Tue Jul 16 09:26:01 UTC 2013

On Monday 15 July 2013 12:56:58 Robby Workman wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:52:20 +0100
>
> "Greg' Ar Tourter" <artourter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > All the recently released/updated nvidia*-driver.info file are
> > missing the source files and associated md5sum for the 64bit version.
> > There are indeed common to bot the 32 and 64 bit version but need to
> > be specified for both. Currently sbopkg fails because it isn't
> > downloading the tar.xz files on 64bit machines since only the .run
> > file is specified.
>
> Hrm, my fault, but I'm not convinced that sbopkg is DTRT.
>
> I'm going to CC  the sbopkg list to solicit feedback, but it's my point
> of view that sbopkg should *always* pull the things specified in
> $DOWNLOAD, and if on x86_64, pull the things specified in
> $DOWNLOAD_x86_64.  Unless my memory is failing me, that is how we
> envisioned things working when we added the *_x86_64 variables to
> the .info file.

It's a little bit more complicated. The way it was meant: When DOWNLOAD_x86_64
is empty, use DOWNLOAD (indicating source is the same for both platforms), if
filled (and not UNSUPPORTED/UNTESTED) use DOWNLOAD_x86_64 (different source per
platform). And then there is also the rather rare case where DOWNLOAD could be
UNSUPPORTED/UNTESTED (app works only on x86_64). This is also more or less how
the website logic works when displaying download links to the sources.

Grs,
Heinz