[Slackbuilds-users] on creating users

Ivan Zaigralin melikamp at melikamp.com
Tue Jun 18 18:37:02 UTC 2013

Just throwing it out there, so don't judge me harshly :P

Why not have the post-install script create user/group automagically,
but have the slackbuild process variables, say, PKG_USER, PKG_GROUP,
PKG_UID, and PKG_GID, and that way you can build your package with
custom credentials which jive with your setup. If either variable is
undefined, skip user/group creation.