[Slackbuilds-users] Unable to install package gimp-registry-plugins (0.0.2)

J j at dawnrazor.net
Mon Jun 24 19:32:52 UTC 2013

Quoting Yavor Atanasov <yavor at atanasov.us>:

> Hello,
> I have a problem with installing the package "gimp-registry-plugins
> (0.0.2)" usign sboinstall... Here is and error for that failure:
> Install queue: gimp-registry-plugins
>
> Are you sure you wish to continue? [y]:
> --2013-06-12 14:36:02--  http://registry.gimp.org/files/Eg-AddFilmGrain.scm
> Resolving registry.gimp.org (registry.gimp.org)... 188.40.148.209
> Connecting to registry.gimp.org (registry.gimp.org)|188.40.148.209|:80...
> connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: 4607 (4.5K) [application/octet-stream]
> Saving to: 'Eg-AddFilmGrain.scm'
>
> 100%[================================================================================================================================>]
> 4,607       29.2KB/s   in 0.2s
>
> 2013-06-12 14:36:03 (29.2 KB/s) - 'Eg-AddFilmGrain.scm' saved [4607/4607]
>
> Unable to download/verify source file(s) for gimp-registry-plugins:
>   md5sum failure for /usr/sbo/distfiles/Eg-AddFilmGrain.scm.
>
> Do you want to proceed? [n] y
> cp: cannot stat '/usr/sbo/graphics/gimp-registry-plugins/*.scm': No such
> file or directory
> Failures:
>   gimp-registry-plugins: md5sum failure for
> /usr/sbo/distfiles/Eg-AddFilmGrain.scm.
>   gimp-registry-plugins: gimp-registry-plugins.SlackBuild return non-zero
>
> P.S. Just for information - manual installation i.e. downloading package
> sources plus slackbuild script from your website and making package then
> install it working fine :-)

Note that sbotools is a third party package not maintained by,
endorsed by, or otherwise affiliated with SlackBuilds.org; if a
SlackBuild installs normally when the SlackBuild is run manually, and
fails using sboinstall, the situation should be reported not to this
list but to the sbotools developers; you can find our contact
information in any of the man pages included with sbotools, or in an
obfuscated format on the sbotools site.

Regarding this, it is an unfortunate fact that with certain pieces of
software it is more difficult than others to keep the md5sum in sync
with the source download; in deciding how to handle this with
sbotools, it seemed evident that in the case of an md5sum failure, the
only course of action for the user is to either find a download that
matches, or instead the non-matching source to determine its validity;
hence the error, the question, and the resulting failure - and,
equally, your ability to run the SlackBuild manually.

To put it concisely, this is the expected result for this condition.

Thanks,