[Slackbuilds-users] Server maintenance - 20130626

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Jun 26 23:31:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:53:07 -0500
Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Somewhere are 1830-1900 UTC, I will be powering down the
> server that hosts SBo mailing lists, dns, and email
> (along with mirrors.slackware.com, rlworkman.net,
> slackpkg.org, sbopkg.org, slackbook.org, alienBOB's
> blog, and probably some other important things that I've
> forgotten.
>
> I will be replacing a couple of bad hard drives and
> probobly moving it to a different spot in the rack (well,
> that part depends on the datacenter guys - their call),
> so downtime should be relatively short.  However, we all
> know how that goes.

And of course, all went well - I just now got back home
because I stopped at Hop City (any place that you can shop for
beer while also drinking a beer is a must-visit, right?) and
then visited a friend at another business in BHM.

This is a good time to say "thank you" again to everyone who
helped us buy that server, but I also want to sing some praises
for the folks at TekLinks.  They provide us with rack space,
a /29 ipv4 address block, and bandwidth at no cost, and all
they asked for in return was a link on our webpages.  We've
done that, of course, but it just doesn't seem like enough,
so I want to publicly acknowledge their contributions again.
They're good people and they know what they're doing - all
of you IT pros whose companies uses services like what they
provide, please consider them, and if you elect to contract
with them, please advise them of why you considered them.
Have a look: http://teklinks.com/

Once again, thanks to all and happy Slacking :-)

-RW