[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackbuilds.users] WINE readme and other concerns.

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Tue May 14 09:21:32 UTC 2013

On (13/05/13 20:20), King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
>FYI
>
>The WINE readme still refers to the removed LOTRO patch.

Sorry, forgot to remove that part.

>In wine-1.5.xx the IE fix doesn't seem to be needed. I have not tested
>this fully so YMMV.

I'm not entirely sure if this is needed either, but I'll do some
testing later when I get some time.

>I'm not certain that the configure_asm.patch for Clang is needed. Clang
>is not used by default (I never patched for it and wine-1.5.24 -1.5.25
>and -1.5.30 compiled fine as-is on Slackware64 14 multilib as well as on
>pure Slackware32 14):
>
>http://wiki.winehq.org/Clang
>
>mentions the export needed to use Clang, so setting CCAS is a bit
>redundant. I can't seem to find clang references in wine-1.5.30, for
>example.
>
>-Ed

Wine fails to build without the patch, at least for me. I forget the
exact details not of what the problem is:

"winebuild: /usr/bin/clang failed with status 1"

Dave