[Slackbuilds-users] Want to help with work toward 14.1 repo?

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sun Nov 10 01:15:25 UTC 2013

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013, Robby Workman wrote:

> If there are things on that checklist which you can confirm will
> build properly on both 32bit and 64bit Slackware 14.1, then we'd
> like to hear from you.  Reply to this message with a list of them,
> and we'll remove them from the checklist.

Some more... (they're not mine, I just use them)

These build fine on 14.1 (i486 & x86_64):

  desktop/gtk-engines
  desktop/gtk-nodoka-engine
  development/bvi
  development/cryptoki
  games/hatari_tos_roms
  libraries/equinox
  libraries/libotr
  libraries/libpar2
  misc/bsdsfv
  misc/cksfv
  misc/keychain
    homepage has moved to http://www.funtoo.org/index.php?title=Keychain
  network/bitcoin
  network/claws-mail
  network/pidgin-otr
  office/epdfview
    homepage seems to be gone
  system/dosbox
  system/p7zip

These build fine, too. They refer to rather old versions, though. Once
submissions are open again, an update from the maintainers would be nice:

  games/hatari
  games/mednafen
  libraries/libetpan

Minor issue here:

  system/kyotocabinet

This builds fine on 64-bit systems. On 32-bit systems, however, assuming
ARCH=i486 doesn't work. At least i686 is required and the compiler flags
have to be set accordingly (i.e. -march=i686).