[Slackbuilds-users] TeX Live 2013

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Mon Nov 11 12:50:13 UTC 2013

On (07/11/13 15:23), Robby Workman <robby at rlworkman.net> put forth the proposition:
>For those of you on Slackware -current (soon to be 14.1) who are
>also LaTex users, I need some testing of TeX Live 2013.
>
>To make a long story short, Edd Barrett over at OpenBSD wrote
>a python utility (texscythe) to parse the texlive package db
>and generate packaging lists, so I made a build for it (it's
>in the SBo repo for 14.1, currently git master) and worked up
>a short script (see texscythe/contrib/ dir) to generate a
>texmf subset with full functionality (I hope).  I'm attaching
>the resulting texlive.tar.gz build script and associated files;
>you'll just need to download the sources from the .info file.
>
>Please verify that the resulting texlive package will work for
>some representative tex files you have.  It seems to work for
>mine, but I don't have anything too extravagant here.
>
>If you're interested in seeing the git commit, it's here, but
>note that the branch it's in will disappear once texlive-2013
>gets merged to master:
>http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/?h=texlive-2013&id=251f5091f2fdcce8abb058b1623144470bfe47b3
>
>-RW

Rob,

I seem to be having a problem with biblatex. If I use it, with or without
options I always get this error:

http://www.r0t.co.uk/paste/p/tGsyzK81.html

I also found a couple of problems with texcount - I fixed one problem,
but I keep getting a warning that it can't read the package list.
This was the first error:

"length() used on %warnings (did you mean "scalar(keys %warnings)"?) at
/usr/bin/texcount line 2221."

Luckily, the fix is exactly that. The second warning looks like a bit more of a problem:

"!!!  Could not recognise package list, ignoring it instead.  !!!"

Googling for the biblatex error didn't find anything useful yet. This is for an assignment that I wrote earlier this year and built fine with the previous texlive.

Dave