[Slackbuilds-users] CHECKLIST/freerdp and remmina

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 19 09:48:55 UTC 2013

On 19 November 2013 08:30, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
> looks like depending where you go (github), source file names are
> mangled (capitalization or just missing "freerdp").  This location seems
> stable: http://pub.freerdp.com/releases/

Your Royal Highness, ladies and gentlemen:
Me too, I had the github problem with gpscorrelate and I got some
advice on that from Ponce.

Github sends the full filename $PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz in a
content-disposition header.  Browsers honour it, but wget doesn't by
default (because its support is an experimental new feature in wget).
But you can enable it in wget either by specifying
--content-disposition or setting the option in .wgetrc or /etc/wgetrc.
 Long story short, the SlackBuild may encounter either name :-(

If you can avoid github as the download source, that solves the
problem. That's what I did for gpscorrelate. But if you can't, Ponce
advises to use this in the SlackBuild (hoping I remember it right!)

if [ -e v$VERSION.tar.gz ]; then
  tar xvf v$VERSION.tar.gz
else
  tar xvf $PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz
fi

which still gives a recognisable error message if the tarball is not
found.  It's not (yet) a FAQ that needs answering or putting in the
template, I guess, but it's worth sharing here so other maintainers
can find it if they need it.

In other news, this hasn't helped with your actual freedrp/ffmpeg
problem.  I dunno.  Sorry for the thread drift :P

-D.