[Slackbuilds-users] HTML posts to mailing lists

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sat Nov 23 14:05:42 UTC 2013

On 23/11/13 13:06, Rob McGee wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 09:58:53AM +0000, Sebastian Arcus used:
>> To: slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
>> Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] Nagios - multiple issues
> Please don't do that. Generally there should be no HTML posts to
> mailing lists at all, and most certainly not HTML-only! This is your
> second such post. I'm probably not the only one here who deletes such
> mail, unread.
>
> What is surprising to me is that Thunderbird creates such mail,
> especially knowing, as it does, that it's a post to a mailing list.
Sorry - I didn't mean to get on anybody's sensitive bits. Unfortunately
  I have to use this address to send HTML email to some
recipients, so I have to remember to set to text mode manually
  when I send to lists. On occasion I forget to change the format. I went
into the address book and changed the SBo address to text only - I
wonder if it
will obey the setting.