[Slackbuilds-users] Samhain Update

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Nov 23 15:46:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:21:58 -0700
Richard Scott Smith <pilbender at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sincere apologies Robby.  My news server I used to use was shut
> down.  I hate to do this to you because you are busy and might have
> to approve it again.  Did it go with you having to approve it?

Yeah, I had to approve it again.

I'm confused.  How does losing a news server have any bearing on
this list?  It's not a newsgroup - it's a mailing list.  Assuming
you do indeed own the pilbender at gmail.com address from which you
are posting, and assuming it is subscribed to the list (it is),
you should be getting emails from the list, and you can simply
reply to those emails -- no need to involve gmane or a nntp server
or anything of the like.   What am I missing here?  :-)

-RW