[Slackbuilds-users] system/wavemon

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sun Nov 24 16:44:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I 'acked' this program a few weeks ago, but I have now found a problem,
so I am not sure now if it is up to spec. for inclusion for 14.1

It builds fine, and appears to work fine... first a few caveats:

F1, F2, F3 keys are used to switch display mode from:

info
lhist
scan

All works great as it should.  The author though set keyboard short
cuts, as obviously F1 usually invokes current term HELP, so pressing 'i'
gives the info window as an alternative.

Now, in that scenario, once back to info window, the thing gets locked,
and just ignores any key press (including 'q' to quit).  The only way to
get out is Ctrl+C.

The only thing that really changed on my system was xfce4 changing
Terminal program to xfce4-terminal - whether it is a new terminal code
or what I don't know.

But wavemon doesn't function right (still usable, though) on slack 14.1 :(

Ideas?  Could it be term settings?

Nick
--
FSF Associate Member 5508