[Slackbuilds-users] Opal from git still not compiling on 14.1?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 10:22:14 UTC 2013

On 25/11/13 09:39, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:

>> Yes, I have - few days ago, from SBo scripts:
>>
>> seb at e130:~$ ls /var/log/packages/ | grep ffmpeg
>> ffmpeg-2.1-x86_64_custom-1_SBo
>>
>> But maybe ffmpeg compiled differently on my machine because of some
>> other libraries?
> No, it's because it does require a patch when you use ffmpeg 2.x
> Can you try this patch?
> Add this line before CFLAGS line
> patch -p1 < $CWD/opal-ffmpeg.patch
Thanks Willy. There was another patch in there already:

  # Thanks to ArchLinux for this patch, rewritten for this version
patch -p1 < $CWD/opal-ffmpeg-gcc.patch

I tried with both patches in and it failed. I then tried only with the
new patch and it worked fine. Is that OK? Was the other patch necessary
as well?