[Slackbuilds-users] My SlackBuilds for 14.1

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 20:13:03 UTC 2013

2013/10/30 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 17:17:46 +0000
> Petar Petrov <petar.petrov at student.oulu.fi> wrote:
>> gchemutils      NEEDS UPDATE: gtkglext breaks, but ponce's builds;
>>                 the update requires goffice 0.10.8, is it possible
>>                 to get a version bump of it?
>

> I'm not sure I follow.  I know that the c++-gtk-utils is supposed to
> be a new dep for gtkglext, but only for -current (I only know that
> because the c++-gtk-utils submitter mentioned it in the comments
> when uploading), and while I assume that it's for a newer version of
> gtkglext, I don't know that for sure.  As with perl-tk, I'll take an
> update from you if you want to do it.  Anyway, I merged the update
> to gchemutils in the meantime.

I think you're speaking about pangox-compat :)

the problem is that gtkglext is mainly unmaintained now: this has been
discussed a little also on LQ

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/no-package-%27pangox%27-found-4175478070/#post5032535
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackware-14-1-release-candidate-1-a-4175480780/#post5046447

but we got pangox-compat now in the repo and it really should be in
the 14.1 (14.0's pango still got its own pangox), so if we want to
keep it we should keep also the gtkglext we got...

Matteo