[Slackbuilds-users] Advice on guide lines for Slackbuilds of old (workable) code

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Thu Oct 31 21:53:01 UTC 2013

Hi all,

My lowly notebook (Samsung N145 plus) running slack 14 is pretty limited in graphics capabilitities.

Anyhow, I used the latest Slackbuilds google-earth package, and although the install went OK, and it *works*, it doesn't as my machine can't handle the latest graphics requirements.

Luckily, I have various old tar balls of google earth, and I have one that works excellently :)

It was one from the good old days, all you need do is untarball into your home directory, enter the directory and run it - all is statically built with included libs.

This download is obvioulsy not available any more.

So wouild it be acceptable for me to host it, and do a buiold script for other users?  Or is that not acceptable?

If interested, I can put the file up for looking at and testing.

Nick
--
FSF Associate Member 5508
http://linicks.net/