[Slackbuilds-users] PostgreSQL - multiple installed versions

Adis Nezirovic adis at linux.org.ba
Wed Sep 18 11:48:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Thomas Morper <thomas at beingboiled.info>wrote:

> Minor problem: doinst.sh generates broken symlinks to usr/lib... instead
> of /usr/lib... - was easily fixed.
>
> > 3.4) Make sure new rc.postgresql script is active
>
> Minor problem: "Could not find 'postgres' binary." because the PRGNAM
> variable is missing in rc.postgresql. Again, easily fixed. Hmm... does
> this actually need to be a variable?

The problem with symlinks is we must not use absolute paths (installpkg can
be called with --root parameter).
Anyway, I've simplified logic for symlinks in doinst.sh, should be more
robust now.

I've also removed PRGNAM from all scripts except SlackBuild (it was a
leftover from an earlier experiment with versioned package names).

Thanks for testing, I'll submit the SlackBuild (attached) during the
weekend.

Best regards,
Adis