[Slackbuilds-users] tsocks is broken on Slackware64

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Thu Sep 26 08:27:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Ben Mendis wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I was teaching a coworker about SSH tunneling and wanted to demonstrate using a SOCKS proxy with command-line utilities that are not SOCKS-aware. I tried to demonstrate tsocks but it did not work properly out-of-the-box on Slackware64.
>
>After a little bit of troubleshooting I figured out that the problem was an incorrect library path being added to LD_PRELOAD.
>
>The 'tsocks' command is adding the path '/usr/lib/libtsocks.so' when the library is actually located at '/usr/lib64/libtsocks.so'.
>It works fine if you specify it manually, eg:
>$ LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib64/libtsocks.so" ssh target_host
>
>proxychains works correctly out of the box.
>
>Also, it would be helpful if the tsocks.conf examples from the source directory (let alone the 'inspectsocks' and 'validateconf' utilities which are referenced in the tsocks man page) were included in the package.
>
>Thank you,
>Ben the Pyrate

Two months ago I reported a similar issue to this list and was
pointed to: http://www.slackbuilds.org/faq/#multilib .

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL