[Slackbuilds-users] ePDFViewer SBo

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sun Apr 20 12:01:39 UTC 2014

On 13/04/14 14:39, Nick Warne wrote:
> Sorry, this was 'off-list'.
>
> On 13/04/14 14:35, Nick Warne wrote:
>> On 13/04/14 13:27, Andrew Brouwers wrote:
>>> Hey Nick,
>>>
>>> Unforutnatley, epdfview hasn't worked for me in awhile.  And the upstream
>>> project has been dead for several years.  Since then, I've switched to
>>> using "zathura" for PDF files - might be worth taking a look!
>>
>> OK, thanks Andrew.  I just installed zathura and it does what I need -
>> thanks.
>>
>> Maybe ePDFViewer should be removed from the repository now that it
>> doesn't work properly any more, and with no upstream maintenance?
>>
>> Nick

Just an update on this.  I wasn't happy with zathura as it doesn't print
some pdf files correctly (prints off the page etc.)

But I found a thing called 'foxit'.  OK, not open source, last update
2009 and ADVERTS in a little window on the toolbar.

A few minutes with hexedit sorted out the advert thing, and just testing
this little program it is great.  Every single one of the pdf's on my
system render and print correctly.  And it is fast and lightweight.

Nick